Friday, November 20, 2015

11.20.15: HMF! A Letter from Will D on behalf of the DeWeese Family

Will D sent me this letter of thanks to the tailgate on behalf of his family.  He wanted me to share it with the tailgate and the blog.  Here it is:


**********


DAWG FAMILY,

First of all: f#*k Bama. Even though the taste of defeat continues to linger, I look forward to seeing what Dak & Co. can do for the remainder of this season.

I wanted to thank all of you who have kept my family in your thoughts and prayers these past few weeks. We are truly humbled by all the texts, calls, gifts, donations, etc. that we have received. And it was overwhelmingly refreshing to see so many familiar faces this past weekend, as I knew it would be. I wish I could have had more time to catch up with everyone.

As many of you already know, my father passed away recently after battling colon cancer for the better part of six years. In that time, my father and I developed a relationship that I will value for the rest of my life.

Those were not easy years……for either of us. My father continued to face new and more challenging struggles with his health and I, along with many of you, lost a few brothers way too early and for reasons we may never fully understand. However, we both found the comfort we needed in the time we spent together just watching the sports we love, mostly MSU athletics.

There have been many tailgates that I could have attended over those years, but opted to watch the game at home instead……with my dad. I don’t regret missing a single one and I never will. We both got to watch our program grow from the dreaded Croom Administration, when I was in school, to being one of the more noticeable and exciting college football teams in the nation. Neither one of us attended State when the idea of having a Dawg as a potential Heisman candidate or having a #1 ranking was even a possibility. With the help of Dan Mullen and our amazing fanbase, we have grown into a program where the expectations to win are high and our school pride is swelling. I hope to see this trend continue.

And with the commitment and support shown by dedicated tailgaters, like the superbly dominate Kang’s Landing; I have faith that it will.

To end, I want to again thank all of you for the love and, more importantly, the TEETH you have shown towards my family. My father showed his TEETH and gave Relentless Effort every day of his life and I know he would want everyone who reads this to do the same. With much love and total gratitude, my sister and I thank you.

Sincerely,


Will D. aka Will DJ aka "Diddles"


**********



Above Left to Right: Fent DeWeese and Will DeWeese.  TEETH.



Above Left to Right: Pete DeWeese, Libby DeWeese, and Will DeWeese at the Fair.


THANK YOU, WILL FOR THIS LETTER.  WE LOVE Y'ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment