Thursday, September 17, 2015

9.17.15 - LSU Recap + ICYMI

Tough loss.

But not because of our effort.  The new and improved KL 2k15 was in mid-season form.  TEETH everywhere: leading, showing resiliency, building relationships, making new ones, appreciating the moment, living in the moment, and being downright grateful.  I could feel it.

And sharing the workload.  Special, SPECIAL thanks to those Alphas that joined forces in The Junction on Friday to stake our claim.  I won't list them out for fear of missing a name, but you know who you are.  I'm glad the tailgate gear is back at home in Starkville so our paid labor can now race for us.

To the recap:


FRIDAY SETUP:

Tent race domination, 800 uninterrupted sq. ft. secured:



okay I'll list one person:  Beth Ann Fedric.  Teeth don't get any sharper than tent racing on Friday in The Junction while pregnant.  BA you are da best:



SATURDAY UNLOADING

And thanks to our Saturday morning setup team.  Sidenote: I appreciated getting first tracks on the fresh dew of The Junction on Saturday morning so much I might just turn this into a tradition.  So peaceful.  I would recommend it.  I mean just LOOK AT IT:



CREW:




OPPORTUNE PHOTOSHOOT

Need more arch in the back I think.  I'll work on it:



GAMEDAY:

 Pictured above: Sydney Rhea and Tommy Payne.  

Love, love, LOVE this picture of Syd and 20K.  I mean, you'd probably have to be a terrorist not to. It's what the tailgate is all about and it's why we love it.  Because it's worth the work when your with FRANDS.


CLEANUP

Y'ALL: I can't say how proud I am of all of us for the respect we paid to our campus and The Junction on Saturday.  Our neighbors trashed it, by and large, but on our 800 sq. ft. plot we left no trace.  I know this was a HUGE collective effort throughout the day and pitching in at the end, so I want to thank everyone for doing their job.  True Leaders.  

Especially Chelsea Boothe, who I was told stepped up as showed major TEETH while most of us we're inside the stadium leading the effort. Razor sharp teeth, Chelsea.  Fine work.  

I want to thank the many others who I know stepped up in a big way on Saturday that I don't know about and that we can't specifically recognize.  I appreciate you, the tailgate appreciates you, your campus appreciates you, and your team appreciates you.

Y'ALL KEEP KILLIN IT, KL!



Now.....IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:

1. Your KL DAWG Austin Golding's Prediction Wednesday (source: Austin's Facebook Page....friend him):

"*Prediction Wednesday*
Well we know what we have as a football team now. Saturday night was very eye opening with regard to this years team and yet we saw more of the same fatal coaching flaws that have shown up in years past. In our last three big losses we have tried to establish the running game between the tackles early in the game and it's cost us. I'm talking about at Alabama, at Ole Miss and of course Saturday night against LSU. In all three games we have fallen behind and it's been to late to come back. If we had come out throwing the football instead of forcing the issue between the tackles it would have been a different ballgame. Our offensive line is average at best. We can't expect them to be road graders. The delay of game penalty speaks for itself. No need to even address that mistake.
I am at a loss as to why we don't go to De'Runnya Wilson until we have no other choice. Does Dak not like him? Does Dan not like him? He has to become a bigger part of our offense early in games if we want the running game to open up. His impact also makes life easier for Fred Ross and company. The only thing holding #1 back is him not getting the ball thrown his way more.
I am normally not the type of fan to think the answer to our problems is always the next hyped backup but I really think by the end of the year we are all going to wonder why Dontavian Lee and Aeris Williams didn't play more. Shumpert is a good RB but not good enough to be a featured back. Holloway is dynamic but you have to use him in spots.
Our defense has surprised me. The Bulldog defensive line is one of the best in the SEC. Manny Diaz has again proven to be a very good in game coach. His adjustments kept the LSU game from getting out of control. I think the future is bright on that side of the ball, but we have to recruit better in the defensive backfield. The effort is there but outside of Will Redmond we don't have anyone who can run step for step with the SEC's elite wideouts.
Mississippi State - 45 Northwestern State - 7
Northwestern State comes into this game 0-2 having lost to Southeastern Louisiana 20-34 and UL Lafayette 17-44. This is not a very good football team. I hope we get some of the young guys in the game early and play a clean game. This contest is a confidence builder and the Dawgs need it after last week.
The season isn't lost but I think we need to face facts and start playing toward our strengths. If we continue to try and be a team we aren't and not get our best players more involved we will be fighting to get bowl eligible.
‪#‎HailState‬"

2. *NEW* Episode for this week: The Backporch Podcast (with a short KL recap by Tommy, Jack, and Brian):


3. NORTHWESTERN STATE KL GAMEDAY LOCATION:  KL is planned to be setup in the same area for Northwestern State (and hopefully all season).


DAWGS FOREVER

HAIL STATE

and 

TEETH,

KHH


p.s. On a more personal note, I want to thank the entire tailgate for showing my friends from New Orleans Lon and Mary (LSU fans) a good time Saturday.  Both first-timers to Starkville.  I really appreciated how y'all were quick to #establishdominance with them but then allowed them to join freely and playfully (but SUBMISSIVELY) with us throughout the day.  They had a great time in Starkville the whole weekend, and for what it's worth, they loved The Junction.   Thanks y'all. 





No comments:

Post a Comment